What Is Fire Cider?
Fire Cider is a natural remedy used to restore our immune systems. It helps with inflammation, fights viruses and bacterial infections, eases sinus congestion, and contains an array of antioxidants and supports our immune system.
- ½ cup fresh ginger root
- ½ cup fresh horseradish root
- ½ cup fresh turmeric root (if not available substitute ¼ cup additional ginger and ¼ cup additional horseradish)
- ½ cup white onion
- ¼ cup garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers (your choice of spicy pepper)
- 2 organic lemons (sliced – no rind if not organic)
- raw apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- several sprigs fresh rosemary and/or thyme
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- Raw honey (added afterwards)
- Add the ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, jalapeno and lemon juice/zest to a clean jar. Pack them down lightly so that the jar is about 3/4 full.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the roots/vegetables. You want everything to stay under the liquid to prevent spoilage. Keep in mind that some of the roots will expand a little so top it off well.
- Put the lid on. (If you’re using a metal lid, line it with parchment paper / wax paper so that the vinegar doesn’t corrode it.) Place in a dark, room temperature cabinet for 2-4 weeks. (A month is best.)
- When the cider is ready, shake well and then strain the roots/veggies using a cheesecloth or mesh strainer, then pour liquid into a clean jar.
- If desired, add raw honey to taste.